ABOUT THIS EVENT
Join GA & Chifley to talk about politics & tech. 2019 has been filled with political action with the most recent being AFP raids on journalists, sparking alarms in the journalist and wider community. We'll be looking at existing political policies and how these will impact Australia's local economy and technology scene. Then, we'll discuss how emerging technologies can be used to protect individuals and businesses from the state.
* What does the government need to do to fast-track innovation in Australia?
* How can startups and SME's lobby get involved in the political discussion to make their concerns heard?
* What does the future look like between individuals, tech companies and the government? Will technology be the unbiased mediator?
* What is the future of freedom of press and journalism in Australia? Can technology be used to protect journalists and sources?
* Can technology be used to regain the trust of politicians?
Date: Wednesday 17 July
Time: 6:00pm – 7:30pm
Location: Near District Brasserie, Ground Floor